Families of children with developmental delays and disabilities often report experiencing isolation, exclusion, financial hardships, insurance restrictions and difficulty accessing treatment, services, and resources.
Capable Kids and Families® works to increase children’s developmental gains while supporting the family with the appropriate resources and connections.
What We Do
Capable Kids and Families® provides supports to help families access the resources needed to care for their child. Program components include:
- Home visits
- Developmental therapy equipment loan program
- Playroom with adaptive equipment
- Networking opportunities and playgroups
- Family events
- Resource materials
- Referrals and connections to other community services
- Friendship Circles (school-based program)
- PE for All Kids (school-based program)
- Camp Capable
Who We Serve
Capable Kids and Families® services are provided through grant funding. Each grant has specific eligibility requirements. Phelps County, Missouri children with developmental delays and disabilities are eligible for services up until the age of 12. Children residing in other counties are served through the child’s third birthday.