The Home Visiting program offers support and resources to pregnant and parenting families. The program is free and voluntary. To be eligible, families must be pregnant or have a child under the age of three, and family income must be less than 185% of the federal poverty level.
What We Do
- Weekly home visits with curriculum activities
- Parent education and support
- Developmentally appropriate books and toys for children
- Parent Café support groups
- Family goal development
- Linkage to other support services
- Transportation to necessary appointments
Services are provided in Camden, Laclede, Maries, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Phelps, Pulaski, and Texas counties.
The primary purpose of Home Visiting is to identify family needs, provide resources to help parents improve their child’s development, and reduce the isolation many families experience. Home Visitors utilize the Healthy Families America model to provide much-needed support and become a trusted connection to other community resources.
Studies have shown that Healthy Families America improves maternal and child health and increases self-sufficiency:
- HFA parents use more positive discipline, with less yelling and less physical punishment.
- HFA parents are five times more likely to enroll in school or training.
- HFA mothers experience fewer pregnancy complications and fewer babies are born at low birth weights.
Main Office: 1101 Hauck Drive