Educare is a state funded initiative that provides no-cost resources, technical assistance, and training opportunities to child care providers, with an emphasis on providers who accept state subsidy.
The Educare Vision
Quality early care and education, parenting, and health care are essential to children’s growth and development.
The Educare Mission
To promote school readiness by establishing linkages in policy, program, and practice that will ensure all children receive a solid foundation for success in school and life.
Guiding Principles for Educare Programs
- Strengthening the ability of child care providers to offer developmentally appropriate early care and education activities and programs;
- Developing and expanding school-linked, integrated services to serve young children; focusing on the special needs of children from low-income families;
- Encouraging parental involvement and participation with their child’s developmental process;
- Drawing on community leadership for design, implementation, and continued involvement to improve early child care and education systems; and
- Creating programs that are designed to meet the unique needs of communities.
Educare Services Include
- Professional development opportunities for child care providers;
- Customized on-site training visits with early education and care providers;
- Lending library of resource books and video tapes;
- Bi-monthly newsletter containing information about current workshops for early care and education providers and other child development information;
- In-house resource center that child care providers may utilize for art activities with the children.
- Linking child care providers and families to schools and community resources; and
- Increasing consumer awareness of the important role of quality child care has in the development of children.
Go to our Training Page for more information on upcoming trainings we provide.